It is very important for people who live abroad to get connected with their roots and therefore get the Greek citizenship and a Greek passport.
• Every person whose ancestors or one of them was a Greek citizen, can be registered as a Greek citizen himself.
• Certificate of the ancestors’ registration from the Greek Municipality as well as certificates of marriages, births that took place abroad are required.
• Above certificates should be registered at the Special Registry of Athens which will issue relevant Greek certificates
• Greek certificates issued by the Special Registry of Athens should be submitted to the Municipality where the ancestor had been registered.
• There should be a decision by the competent Authority regarding the recognition of the Greek nationality of the applicant which should be registered furthermore to the competent Municipal Rolls.